Everyone knows being at work doesn’t necessarily mean being at the office anymore.
The same can now be said for attending work meetings. Since nearly every employee has access to a smartphone or tablet, meetings can be taken from home, the beach, an airport… pretty much anywhere employees find themselves.
Leveraging on such trends, InterCall surveyed more than 500 full-time employees to discover their conferencing habits and the weirdest places they have taken a conference call from:
- A truck stop bathroom
- McDonald’s Playplace
- The closet of a friend’s house during a party
- The beach … it was a video call so I kept my tablet up so that my bikini didn’t show
- Behind a church during a wedding rehearsal
- The racetrack
- Chasing my dog down the street because she got out of the house
- Disney World
- Fitting room while trying on clothes
Interestingly, the survey also shed light on how involved these employees were in their calls.
Almost four of 10 (39%) of employees admitted to dropping off a call without announcing it so that they could pretend to have participated the whole time.
Another 27% admitted to falling asleep during a conference call, and a brave 5% said they’ve had a friend take a work conference call in their place.