The National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) have proven they can keep up with the rest of the world, as both institutes move up in global tertiary education rankings.
The latest Times Higher Education (THE) Ranking 2013-2014 has ranked NUS in 26th place, up three spots from 29th place in 2012. This is a big move for the university, which was ranked 40th in 2011.
Similarly NTU – which jumped a massive 83 places between 2011 and 2012 – is now sitting at 76th place.
However, both universities fare even better when compared solely to their Asian counterparts.
In the Asia University Rankings 2013, which are based on the same criteria as the world rankings, NUS comes in second place, only behind The University of Tokyo, while NTU comes in at 11th place.
According to the THE, these rankings are the only global university performance tables to judge world class universities across all core missions, including teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
Go here for all the full lists.
Top 10 World University Rankings
1. California Institute of Technology
2. Harvard University
2. University of Oxford
4. Stanford University
5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
6. Princeton University
7. University of Cambridge
8. University of California, Berkeley
9. University of Chicago
10. Imperial College of London
Top 10 Asia University Rankings
1. The University of Tokyo
2. National University of Singapore
3. The Univeristy of Hong Kong
4. Peking University
5. Pohang University of Science and Technology
6. Tsinghua University
7. Kyoto University
8. Seoul National University
9. Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
10. Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology