M. Kulasegaran has been appointed as the new Human Resources Minister – as reported in The Straits Times. The former lawyer was first elected MP in a 1997 by-election. He previously served as Democratic Action Party (DAP) national vice-chairman and MP for Ipoh Barat, Perak.
M. Kulasegaran and the new team of ministers that Mahathir has chosen sworn in on Monday (21 May).
Kulasegaran’s duties will include overlooking skills development, labour, trade unions and industrial relations.
Other changes in political appointments include:
- Lim Guan Eng as Finance Minister
- Mohammed Azmin Ali as Minister of Economic Affairs
- Muhyiddin Yassin as Home Minister
- Mohamad Sabu as Defence Minister
- Dr Maszlee Malik as Education Minister
- Rina Harun as Minister of Rural Development
- Zuraida Kamaruddin as Minister of Housing and Local Government
- Anthony Lok Siew Fook as Minister of Transport
- Gobind Singh Deo as Minister of Communications and Multimedia
Photo / DAPMalaysia.org
Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »