Back in Hong Kong for its fourth year on September 5 at the Hotel ICON, Learning and Development Asia is bigger and better than ever before and earned its reputation as the most influential L&D strategy event in Asia.
Pre-order your tickets now!
Contact us now for an amazing group discount
With the Lunar New Year around the corner, and recent salary guides shining a light on the significant compensation HR managers can expect to take home this year, you might feel like it’s time for a promotion. You’ve worked in the industry for years, have earned your stripes, and are ready for the next step in your career: Being a HR manager.
Once you’ve found the perfect job opening, be it within or outside of your current company, and have landed an interview, it’s time to prepare. Given your experience in the industry, your interviewers will expect nothing but the best. As Emily Moore at Glassdoor puts it: “You’ll need to go a step further and research interview questions that specifically speak to the role you’re applying for.”
To help you do that, Moore gathered ten common interview questions for HR managers:
- What is your management style?
- As a HR Manager, how will you drive results?
- What do you like least about the world of human resources?
- Describe an ideal workplace for you.
- As a HR person, what is your view on job eliminations?
- Describe a difficult experience you had with an employer/manager/coworker and how you handled it.
- Tell me about a time when you didn’t follow policy or had to deviate from policy.
- How do you deal with an unethical situation? Any examples?
- What questions would you ask me if you were the interviewer?
- What trends will shape human resource departments over the next five years?
In her article, Moore provides tips on how to best respond to each of the above questions. However, if you feel utterly lost for words trying to answer any of them, that could be a sign you’re not quite ready.
Photo / iStock
Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »