Hosting a job interview is no easy task. Asking oddball questions like “How do you get an elephant in a fridge?” might not fit the context of your company. On the other hand, the most common interview questions and ways to answer them are all over the internet, candidates might be bored to answer them.
The worse type of questions are those who that don’t make sense and create dead air. A candidate with five years of working experienced shared with Heawork tumblr the stupid things that HR needs to stop asking “Why?”.
1. Why don’t you study for a degree?
Candidate’s take: I would have continued my education if I can but the fact is I am not that good at studying, which is why I opted to enter the job market five years ago.
2. Why is your job title CS (customer service)?
Candidate’s take: Ask my employer. I don’t get to choose my job title.
3. Why you can’t do this but your colleagues can.
Candidate’s take: Ask my colleagues not me.
In the post, the candidate also has a few “Why” questions for HR.
1. Why are the staff in your company leaving?
2. Why are you hiring?
3. Why can’t you tell me when I will hear back from you if I am hired?