SUBSCRIBE: Newsletter

Human Resources

Toggle

Article

Singaporeans are earning more

Hong Kongers received a 4.2% rise in average base pay this year



Gathering 50 top regional chief HR and senior business leaders at a three-day business retreat forum, the exclusive HR Innovation Leaders' Summit will happen from September 9-11. Get involved.

Employees in Hong Kong received a 4.2% increase in their base pay in January this year.

According to the January 2015 Pay Trend Survey from the Hong Kong Institute of Human Resource Management (HKIHRM), the hike was 0.3% lower than the upward salary adjustment that had been projected in October last year.

The survey highlighted 28 of the 64 companies surveyed this year had made and confirmed a base pay adjustment in January.

Of the 29,127 employees who confirmed this base pay, 83% of them received a positive adjustment in their base pay while the rest (17%) received no base pay adjustment.

It was reported that none of the employees had received a pay cut.

ALSO READ: Employees in Hong Kong earned more, worked less in 2014

“Among the 36 surveyed companies that usually conduct a base pay review during February to October, 47.2% took a wait-and-see approach and did not provide any budgeted adjustment forecast at the time of the survey,” commented David Li, president of the HKIHRM.

“This shows that employers in general were prudent when making base pay adjustment, which might be due to a slowdown in local economic activities, especially in certain business sectors such as retail which may be experiencing some structural changes in the market.”

The survey added that medium-sized companies awarded their employees with a 4.5% increase compared to the 4.2% awarded by small or large-sized companies.

Image: Shutterstock



Back in Hong Kong for its fourth year on September 5 at the Hotel ICON, Learning and Development Asia is bigger and better than ever before and earned its reputation as the most influential L&D strategy event in Asia.
Pre-order your tickets now!
Contact us now for an amazing group discount

Read More News

in Hong Kong by

精益求精

要令員工愉快工作,便要讓他們保持健康,最佳企業康健及僱員福利顧問正好大派用場。..

Trending

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.