Hong Kong HR Masterclass Series: 19th June 2020 Data Analytics for HR
Become a true strategic partner to the business by leveraging data and analytics to make strategic talent decisions.
Register now here
It’s all too easy to get caught up in your day-to-day duties and forget exactly why you are doing what you’re doing in your career, and in your position as a leader.
As a boss, a manager, an employer or a leader, your duty is to set a path for yourself and for those who are influenced by you. For that reason, I thought I’d gather together a few of my favourite quotes around leadership in the hopes that they also motivate you to become a better leader.
Don’t forget to share your favourites in the comment box below!
1. “Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.” – Theodore Roosevelt
2. “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “We were created with two ears but one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we talk.” – Epictetus
4. “I think the one lesson I have learned is that there is no substitute for paying attention.” — Diane Sawyer
5. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
6. “Engage your emotions at work. Your instincts and emotions are there to help you.” – Richard Branson
7. “I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as rich as I’ve become. If I had, I’d have done it a lot earlier.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “Actions speak louder than words, but not nearly as often.” – Mark Twain.
9. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles Swindol
10. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
11. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
12. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right” – Henry Ford
13. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
14. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
15. “The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” – Theodore Roosevelt
16. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
17. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
18. “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” – Albert Einstein
19. “Leadership: the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
20. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
21. “You don’t lead by pointing and telling people some place to go. You lead by going to that place and making a case.” – Ken Kesey
22. “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” – Jack Welch
Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »